Russian troops have been massively attacking oil and gas facilities in the Kharkiv and Poltava regions for over 24 hours. Personnel have been evacuated. This was reported by the Naftogaz Group, Hromadske.ua reports. The PromPolitInform portal writes.
Several critical infrastructure facilities were simultaneously under Russian shelling. As a result of the attacks, serious damage to equipment was recorded, and large-scale fires broke out on the ground.
“Personnel have been evacuated. It is currently impossible to assess the consequences of the attacks due to the risk of repeated attacks. We will provide additional information,” said Serhiy Koretsky, Chairman of the Board of Naftogaz of Ukraine.
All relevant services are currently working on the ground. Naftogaz Group says that the situation remains difficult.
A few days ago, Koretsky reported that on the evening of May 18, Russian troops launched three ballistic strikes on Naftogaz facilities in the Dnipropetrovsk region.
On the evening of the next day, May 19, the Naftogaz Group said that the shelling of their assets had been going on for the fourth day in a row.