Belgian, Polish, German, and French capital shaped the factory's ownership structure
In May 1886, shareholders decided to create a company that later became known as the South-Russian Dnieper Metallurgical Society. Investors from four European countries were involved in financing the project. This was reported by Metal, according to the portal PromPolitInform.
The company’s capital was formed by consolidating the assets of several industrial groups. Project initiators initially planned to relocate the facilities of the Warsaw Steel Works Society to the Donbas region, but the location was eventually changed to Kamianske on the banks of the Dnieper River.
To implement the project, Polish industrialists formed a partnership with the Belgian company Cockerill. The founders also included representatives of the Krivoy Rog Iron Ore Society from France and a number of German shareholders.
The ownership structure of the newly created South-Russian Dnieper Metallurgical Society was distributed among the participants in specific proportions. Belgian investors provided 40% of the total capital.
Polish-German investors held 33% of the shares, while French partners controlled 27% of the company’s capital. Attracting foreign funding at the end of the 19th century enabled the start of large-scale metallurgical construction, which laid the foundations for the modern industrial complex of Kametstal.
Illustrative photo: RBC-Україна
Read also: Kametstal completes preparations for overhaul of blast furnace No. 1M